Helping a Dashboard Spy reader with his higher education dashboard project and wanted to share a couple of helpful resources. Take a look at these interesting graphics and I’ll tell you afterwards where to get the whitepaper they come from:
This is the ascension model for a university’s audience (the incoming student, of course). Note how he becomes a prospect then a student then an alumni and then and continuing learner).
Here is a diagram of the higher education student prospect funnel:
And this is the enrollment management overview:
Check out the excellent white paper on this subject here:
And this brief document is also helpful:
What is a dashboard?
• A web site that organizes information so that it is easy to read and interpret
• Provides up-to-date status information on Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
• Presents information visually through graphics – charts, gauges, maps, tables
• Information is simply presented, easy to monitor, and indicates where action needs to be taken.
A dashboard might look like this…
Who wants to use a dashboard?
• Associate and Assistant Deans
• Administrators at the college, department or unit decision making level
• University Strategic Planning Working Group
What processes might be supported with a dashboard?
• Student Application and Admissions
• Student Enrollment
• Academic Progress – Graduation Rates, Course Completions, Progress to Degree
• Faculty Workload, Recruitment, Retention, Research
• Budgeting and Expenses • Staffing Levels and Turnover
Originally Posted: dashboardspy.com